Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Restaurant Opening: Cuba Libre DC - October 1

When I first heard about Cuba Libre coming to DC, for some reason I was sooo excited. While, I've never been to their other locations in Philadelphia, Atlantic City or Orlando, I've heard countless rave reviews about their food and drinks.   Since, I'm a lover of all things Latin of course I had to book a reservation to be one of the first to try it out, review to come next week.

The DC location was initially scheduled to open during the middle of summer but due to unforeseen circumstances, the opening date kept getting pushed back.  I hoped they would be open in time for my 30th Birthday celebration, but it didn't happen. 

When I was initially trying to plan my birthday festivities, I contacted Emily Jarmuth, the Director of Sales & Local Marketing, who has provided me with follow-up over the last few months and I truly appreciate her keeping me in the loop.

I'm so happy to share that they will finally be opening up for "limited business" on Friday, October 1st.  As of today, reservations are completely booked Oct 1-3, but the other days are still open.  They are offering discounted prices off of the dinner menu for the first 2 weeks, 50% the first week and 25% the second.  See below for part of the press release.

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar Announces October 1st Opening with Introductory Prices at Dinner
Nuevo Cubano newcomer offers a welcoming discount for guests during opening. Washington, D.C. (September 20, 2010)― Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar is excited to announce the preview opening of its new DC location in Penn Quarter will begin October 1st. It will open with a new menu specifically developed for Washington by Chef-Partner Guillermo Pernot. Guests of the inspired "Nuevo Cubano" restaurant can also look forward to a 50% discount on their dinner from October 1st until October 7th. Then from October 8th-13th, guests can enjoy a 25% discount before the full price menu begins on October 14th. This special savings only applies to the cuisine (beverages will be offered at full price) during this preview period and is available at dinner service only, which is served daily from 4 p.m. until 11 p.m.

Cuba Libre
801 A 9th Street (corner of H Street), NW 

Washington, D.C.
202.408.1600 http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment