Monday, August 24, 2009

Things To Do: Carafe Wine Makers

Being the busybody that I am, I've signed on for year number two of helping the March of Dimes with their Annual Signature Chefs event and more specifically serving on the Silent Auction committee.

Recently, I was looking for some unique businesses to approach that were different from the usual like your restaurants, spas, sporting events, hotel stays, etc. I came across what I think is an amazing concept. There's a place in Old Towne Alexandria where you can go make your own wine, bottle it, and custom label it. Being the new wine connoisseur that I am, I immediately called the store to learn more.

So the place is called Carafe Wine Makers, apparently it's a franchise. Who knew? Not only was I excited about the concept, I was surprised to find out the Old Towne Alexandria location is Black-owned and the owner, Lamar Brown, is quite pleasant to look at. If you have five minutes, I'd suggest watching watching the video on the company's website to see Lamar, I mean to see the wine making process.

In addition to being able to bottle your own wine you can purchase from a nice selection of already bottled wines or sit-in for wine tastings. I think having an event at Carafe Wine Makers would make a wonderful and unique girls night, birthday celebration, or any special occasion for that matter. It would definitely be something that people would remember. It's good for couples or groups. The pricing is very reasonable if you have a group. I can't wait to schedule my visit.

For more information see below.

Carafe Wine Makers
111 S Alfred St
Alexandria, VA 22314-3001
703.739.5850
http://www.carafewines.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment