Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Things to Do: Safeway BBQ Battle

In case you hadn't heard, the annual Safeway Barbecue Battle is this weekend, June 25-26. It's held downtown along Pennsylvania Avenue (between 9th and 14th Streets NW). I went last year with a couple of my girlfriends and we had so much fun.

Despite the extreme heat, we made our way up and down the streets a few times, sampled some delicious BBQ, picked up a bunch of goodies, listened to live musical entertainment (can't remember who it was though) and ended up cooling in the shade with some BBQ. All I remember is leaving full and happy.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for this year's event (I'll be at the Taste of Chicago) but don't let that stop you. Have a big, greasy rack of ribs for me.

Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children. If you plan to go both days, buy the weekend pass it's only $18. Also, if you can try to buy your tickets in advance so you don't have to spend time waiting in line. Get your tickets here. The best part of the event is the proceeds go to support the Boys and Girls Clubs.

To learn more about this year's event visit: http://www.BBQDC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment