Friday, July 23, 2010

Restaurant Week Summer 2010

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a foodie.  As a foodie, one of our favorite times of the year is Restaurant Week.  Restaurant Week in Washington, DC is quickly approaching and will be held August 16-22.  If you're not familiar with RW, it's a week when local restaurants offer 3 course meals at their establishments for a lowered price, $20.10 for lunch and $35.10 for dinner.  To view the participating restaurants, click here.

The best part of Restaurant Week is it allows you to try out some of the top and typically some of the more expensive restaurants for an unbeatable price.  When you add it all up, usually I spend about $55 for a 3 course dinner, with an alcoholic beverage, and tax and tip, that really isn't bad.  Many of the places have entrees that tend to range from $20-$35 so it's like getting an appetizer and dessert for free.  What could be better?

Every Restaurant Week, I try to choose three new places that differ in variety.  The restaurants I've chosen this time are no different, Bibiana (Italian), Cafe Atlantico (Latin), and Mie N Yu (Asian Fusion). 

SAVVY DEAL
I've been to 
Mie N Yu several times but they're offering an incredible deal that I couldn't pass up. Instead of the usual 3 course dinner, they are providing 4 courses plus a glass of wine, beer or a nonalcoholic beverage for same price of $35.10.  If you've never been to Mie N Yu, it's a great spot and the atmosphere is amazing.  Hint: It's also perfect for dates.  Go on a Thursday for the live music or on the weekends for the belly dancer.  I always have a great time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying 2 restaurants this week: Finn & Porter and Couer de Lion. I'm uber-excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I went to Finn & Porter was during Alexandria's Restaurant Week, which was the same time as Inauguration. As far as I can remember, I had a fish dish. There was so much going on I can't remember what else I had but if it wasn't good I would have remembered that. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete