Monday, December 13, 2010

Things to Do: Watkins Park Festival of Lights

Growing up I remember my neighbors going all out for Christmas.  We'd walk through our neighborhood to check out the nicely decorated houses and see which of our neighbors successfully outdid everybody else.  We even strolled around as a group singing Christmas carols, boy have times changed.

Now for the holidays, when I look around and I may see one or two houses on my way home that have decorations and lights, and I live in the suburbs.  What happened?  Every year when I'm feeling a little holiday spirit deficient, I head to Watkins Regional Park in Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

This year Watkins Park celebrates it's 24th Annual Winter Festival of Lights.  It's a driving tour and only costs $5 per car.  You slowly drive throughout the park which is filled with various displays of lights.  It's fun for a family visit or even a date.  Typically, I'd say the drive takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the day and the traffic. See below for more information.  

Friday, November 26, 2010 – Sunday, January 2, 2011
5:00 - 9:30PM (nightly)
Watkins Regional Park301 Watkins Park Drive (Rte. 193)
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
301-699-2456

http://www.pgparks.com/Festival_of_Lights.htm

Find Today's Daily Deal on Your City's Best Things To Do at Groupon.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment