Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Heineken Inspire Tour Hits DC

Last week I was forwarded an email about an upcoming event hosted by Heineken.  Although, I'm not much of a beer drinker it seemed to be an interesting event that I had to be a part of.

The email describing the event said something to the effect that it was for influential Washingtonians and they we were being invited to attend a (complimentary) 3 course dinner at Acadiana as part of the Heineken Inspire Tour.  I love the food at Acadiana and I'm all about networking so I quickly sent in my RSVP.

On Thursday morning, I finally received a response saying I'd been confirmed for attendance.  When I followed up with the other young ladies, including the one who originally sent me the email, I found out I was the only one who had received confirmation.  At first I was a little bummed because I really didn't want to go by myself since it seemed kind of exclusive but I figured hey why not.

The invite noted early arrival was suggested and the dinner would start promptly at 7:30.  Due to traffic caused by Howard Homecoming and people in town for the Stephen Colbert & Jon Stewart Rally, it took me nearly 30 minutes to get there from right down the street. 

When I arrived, I was told the event was being held in a private room and proceeded to the back of the restaurant.  After making my way through the crowd of 50 or so young professionals, I realized I didn't see a one person I knew which is strange for me considering DC is so small.  Soon I ended up making eye contact with a gentleman who I later found out was on the production crew for the night's events and he provided a little more insight as to what to expect for the evening.  He also introduced me to his coworker who produced Erykah Badu's Window Seat video. 

They were serious about the event being for the influential and some of DC's movers and shakers.  I met a variety of people from Heineken's Director of Corporate Responsibility (a field I'm looking to get in to) to the chief of staff for a well-known Congresswoman.  We were treated to a lavish dinner which included 3 choices of entrees, shrimp and grits, duck, or steak.  Dinner was rounded out with a dessert topped with Heineken, I had to pass.  All in all, it was a great networking event.  Apparently, it was the last stop for this year, glad they decided to save the best for last!

On Saturday, Heineken hosted a day party at LOVE night club that featured Rick Ross, The Clipse, Wale and special guest Erykad Badu.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to use the 2 free tickets (they gave each of the dinner guests) but I heard a great time was hard by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment