Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Season for Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving the official start of the holiday season.  Holidays are always hard for those who've lost loved ones but this year with the economy and unemployment at an all-time high, Thanksgiving is going to be an even more difficult time for many people.

Despite the dismal circumstances, we must continue to be thankful for all that we do have.  The other day my dad said something to me and my response was "Hey, times are hard." I didn't say it intentionally to be negative, it was just the first thing that came out of my mouth.  He quickly chastised me for saying that and it's quickly reminded me that I shouldn't put that type of energy out there.


It's so easy to think about the negatives and what's not going right in our lives but we must continue to remind ourselves, it could always be worse.  You may not like your job or your boss, but at least you're employed.  You may not like your living situation, but at least you're not homeless.  You may not be where you thought you'd be at a certain age, but at least you're alive and have time to work on improving yourself. 

When I think of everything that could possibly be wrong in my life, I remember how blessed and fortunate I am.  Whenever a complaint starts to form in my mind, I ignore it.  This Thanksgiving, like always, when I'm with my family I will verbalize everything positive that's happening in my life because I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment